Best Practices – Clarizen
Why “old school” PM software is disastrous for project portfolio management.
Are your project teams bogged down and held back? Unfortunately, the answer is yes if your organization is using conventional (AKA “old school”) project management software.
That’s because old school software was designed for a business landscape that no longer exists. It’s not just outdated. It’s potentially disastrous, because it doesn’t support effective, results-based project portfolio management. As a result
managers and teams cannot effectively:
- Balance resources with demand
- Prioritize projects and change requests
- Collaborate to speed up resolution times
- Capture effort and issue data
- Manage the overall portfolio
- Assess portfolio health